Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nap time in Crib, Check!

Today I decided it was time for Cole to start nap time in his crib. He had a few cat naps in the morning but nothing over 30 min long. He always seems to be get the most tired around lunch time so after his 11:30 feeding I decided to try out the crib. I burped him, swaddled him and then rocked him to sleep for about 5 min. then laid him down in his crib in hopes this would work. I brought the monitor downstairs as I made lunch real fast thinking I probably had maybe 20 min before he would wake up crying but to my surprise he feel asleep! After an hour he woke up crying...so I went in thinking not bad for his first nap time in his crib and proceeded to change him but he still seemed tired and cranky. So I brought out the big guns...the swaddle me blanket! Folks we just started using it this week at night and its amazing! So I swaddled him up, rocked him for a few minutes and put in his pacifier. I went to my room to fold laundry thinking he would be up soon but he went on to sleep for another 2.5 hrs!!! I just kept checking the monitor...in disbelief that it had worked. I didn't know what to do with all my time...I cleaned the kitchen, worked out and even organized my closet!

Let's hope this wasn't a one time thing and I have started some kind of routine! Yep this is what makes me happy these days. Oh the joys of a new mom...it made my day! Wish me luck for tomorrow!

2 comments:

K Ervick said...

Wow he is a quick learner!

Linda said...

What a good boy!