Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Boy or Girl?!?!

I found this Wives’ Tale Survey and thought I’d test it out, since pretty soon (FRIDAY)we will know for sure whether if it's is a boy or girl. I was feeling boy during my first trimester then girl and now I'm thinking boy again. I feel like I have no idea anymore!

Boy or Girl? 21 Old Wives’ Tales That May Tell You

**Sleep Position**
Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you’ll have a boy. Right side? You’re pregnant with a girl.

BOY- when I first lay down I prefer to sleep on my left side. But I do toss & turn from my left to right throughout the night.

**Upset Stomach**
Little girls aren’t always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.

GIRL- but it wasn't to bad

**Soft or Dry Hands**
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft—expect a girl.

BOY- dry but it's that time of the year when all skin is dry.

**Food Cravings**
Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you’re craving citrus while pregnant, you’re having a girl.

BOY- While I do love OJ baby Shinaberry won't even let me take more then two sips of it. :(

**Adult Acne**
If altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.

GIRL- breakouts around my chin- gross!

**Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy**
If you feel as though you’re gliding through they day, you’ll have a girl. Stumbling? It’s a boy.

GIRL- While I don't think Graceful would describe my movements I don't feel like I'm stumbling or clumsy.

**Face Weight Gain**
If your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl.

BOY- While I have always had a fuller face...I don't believe the weight gain has taken effect in my face! Thank goodness :)

**Sugar and Spice Food Cravings**
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you’re having a girl.

GIRL- Ice cream, candy, cheesecake, milkshakes and Chocolate!

**Mood Changes**
If you’re experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.

GIRL- I have mood swings and thank goodness Cam understands :)

**High or Low Pregnant Belly**
If you’re carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it’s high, you’re having a girl.

GIRL- - bump just really popped last week but it seems high.

**Baby Weight**
If you’re carrying baby in front, it’s a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It’s a girl.

GIRL- Weight gain is all around in my Belly, Hips and Thighs...oh yippee!

**Pendulum Test**
Dangle a chain with a charm over your palm. If it swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.

Neutral- it went both ways

**Model Your Hands“Show me your hands.” **
If you would hold your hands palms up it’s a girl. Down? You’re having a boy.

BOY

**Toddler Advice**
Get baby advice from a nephew or friend’s little boy. If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you’ll have a girl. If he ignores you, it’s a boy.

Neutral- I have no one to try this with!

**Eat Garlic**
Guess the baby’s sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it’s a boy. If there’s no scent it’s a little girl.

GIRL

**Key to Pregnancy**
If you pick up a key by the round end, you’re having a boy. If it’s by the long end? A girl.

GIRL

**Even and Odd Numbers**
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it’s girl. One even, one odd means a boy.

GIRL- 29, 2009

**Baby’s Heartbeat**
If the baby’s heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you’re pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it’s a boy.

GIRL- it’s always been between 150- 160

**Stress Test**
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.

GIRL- Going to have to go with Cam being more stressed. :)

**Dream Meanings**
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.

BOY- but I have had a dream about having a boy as well. Not as much as a girl.

**Breast Size**
If your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, it’s a baby boy.

GIRL- I think? There both huge!


RESULTS:

GIRL- 13

BOY- 6

Neutral- 2

What are your guesses???

6 comments:

courtney said...

ive said girl since day 1! haha

K Ervick said...

I still don't have a definite feeling about whether it's a boy or girl. Can't wait for Friday!

Anonymous said...

I have flipped back and forth at least three times...Thanks god we'll know on Friday. -Cam

Linda said...

Either way he/she will be a lucky little person to have you two as parents! Looking forward to Friday to hear the results!!

Let it B said...

I'm with Courtney, have always thought it's a girl, but excited to know for sure!!

The Gearys said...

Connor said that since she will be pretty, it's okay if you guys are having a girl;-) But he thinks a boy would be fun to romp around with. Either way, Friday is going to be AWESOME!!