Monday, February 1, 2010

Team BLUE!



The long wait is over we are happy to announce we are having a baby boy!

On Friday we had are 18-20 week full anatomy scan, Cam and me were both so anxious to see the ultrasound and to find out what we were having. So we arrived pretty early for the appointment hoping they would take us in early...I'm not sure if they could just see how anxious we were or just lucky but we got to go in early. :)
As we walked back the technician asked if we would be finding out the sex today and we both said YES! And started talking about how we didn't know how people could wait the whole 10 months ...She said well I'm not going to make you wait any longer will check out what your having first then do all the measurements for the baby.

It took her about 10 seconds to say "I know what your having....a boy!!!". Now I have read that many women cry when they find out there pregnant or the first time they hear there baby's heartbeat that didn't happen for me. It was the moment the technician told me I was going to have a son. The water works started, I was smiling and crying looking at the screen and at Cam. I was so overjoyed the emotions were all over the place. Cam was smiling from ear to ear just looking at me saying I can't believe we are having a boy! The next 30 minutes the tech proceeded with the screening of him ...checking his heart, brain, kidneys, stomach,etc.... He's doing great and everything looks wonderful!

My little man is growing a whole week ahead of schedule so I'm officially 19 weeks but I'm measuring 20 weeks. Right now he's 9inches long and weights 7 ounces! We have some 3D shots of him (WARNING- he looks very alien like...very skinny but it's very normal at this point)actually a total of 15 pictures, the tech we had said she doesn't usually give people that many but she liked us so much she wanted us to have them! She Rocked!

Now the fun starts! Getting his nursery ready and buying him clothes! I know clothes shopping is much more fun for little girls but I can tell you they have come a long way for little boys. I scored big time at the Outlets this weekend and the clothes are just so cute!

After much thought we have decided on a name, Cole Shinaberry! We wanted to have a name that was unique and it just felt so right to us. We think it's a great little boys name and manly enough for when he's older! We have a middle name picked out but won't be reveling that till Cole joins us in June. :)

So I would like to introduce you to Cole Shinaberry...


He has his little hand up near his face...but you can see he's little button nose!



I love this one he's yawning and stretching his leg out!


And lastly his little profile! :)

6 comments:

K Ervick said...

He is so cute! Love the name ;) Let the shopping begin!

The Gearys said...

He is beautiful and I love the name:-) Perfect!!!!!!!

Linda said...

What a cute name! It is just amazing how detailed those pics are. You get to meet your son right from the beginning!! XOXO

Let it B said...

One of my all time favorite names-preppy and badass at the same time!!!! He is a cutie already :)

Karen said...

Congrats you guys! A cute little boy! Great name too.

CarolinaCundiffs said...

So happy for you guys! Love the name! My mom loves the name Colt... I think she has a thing for Colt McCoy ;)