Friday, July 13, 2012

July Fourth!

Before it gets to late I wanted to post about this year’s fourth of July before I forget. Recently I have been looking back at my blog and it’s inspired me to blog more. It’s such a wonderful way to document my family and Cole’s life it makes me sad that I have slacked the last few months. So from this day forward I will blog more!
So Fourth of July... I digressed a bit…We ventured out early to try and avoid the heat. We went to our town parade with The Butler family, we set up chairs and had snack and cold drinks for the kids. It had been about 10 years since I had been to it, not much had changed. Ha. The kids seemed to really enjoy it, especially when the floats threw out candy at the kid! Cole consumed two lollipops in about an hour. Don’t judge. I pick my battles this was not one of them.

Cole, Reese and Bryce
  002

The Butler Family
014

My boys
015

018

029

How cute are they?!
037

Holding hands and waving
043

046

048

051 

 After 2 hours the heat became brutal and it was time for some AC. We headed home for lunch and naps. Yes I even had a 2 hour glorious nap that afternoon. We headed over to our neighbors for a good old fashioned picnic and sweated our behinds off. I mean 98 degrees and 100% humidity…that’s just gross. We did light off a few fireworks and the kids really got a kick out of them. Cole just sat there in awe like what on earth is this?! He kept telling me "loud mama"and he clapped when they would finish. I’m so grateful we have such good friends that are also our neighbors it really makes things so easy. Even better is both are baby monitors work in each other’s backyards. Can it get any better than that?!?  

No comments: