Monday, September 10, 2012

She has a name!


Oh folks picking a name for your child is hard work. For me I like unique names but not so out there people have a hard time pronouncing it. I think it comes from me being a Sarah, I can name a handful of Sarah’s I know personally and as nice as it is it’s far from unique. Thankfully my loving husband Cameron agrees completely with me. He loved his name growing up and never knew any other Cam’s. So when we set out to pick a name for our little girl we both wrote down a few names we liked. We both vetoed some right off the bat…like hubs Sienna …all I think of when I hear that name is the Toyota Sienna Minivan. So that wouldn't work. We both really liked the name Avery but its become extremely popular recently and we really wanted unique. The list grew but no name jumped out at us.

And then I came across Emery, I loved it right away. I only hoped Hubs would share my feelings for it. And wouldn’t you know it he did! I know it was/ is originally a boy name but I just don’t see anything manly about the name Emery. It’s so pretty to us. And when Cole tries to say Emery it comes out sounding like Emmy. Oh swoon. How I love it.

So Emery Gail Shinaberry , we are so excited to have picked out a name for you and can’t wait to till February to meet you.