Tuesday, August 28, 2012

17 weeks

17 weeks! I have now officially entered into my fifth month of pregnancy! Time is just flying by and I can only imagine the next 160 days will too!

So I haven’t exactly been basking in the 2nd trimester bliss just yet, just when I think I’m in the clear I find myself sick again. Thankfully it happens less often. Last week, as I was sitting on the bathroom floor throwing up my mornings breakfast my little guy was right there making sure I was OK. He kept asking me if I was done choking, ha yep baby mama’s done choking.

This time around I seem to be getting lots of headaches, when I told my doctor this at my 16 week appointment his response was “Take Tylenol, it’s either the hormones or dehydration .I’m sure it’s not a brain tumor, I have only seen that once in 32 years.” My response “Oh goodness that’s awful” His response, “Yea she died right after having the baby”. Ummm…well thanks for that, brain tumor really?!? Stop the crazy talk! I forgot how straight forward and blunt this doctor can be!

I do seem to have more energy now, dancing around the kitchen with family doesn’t make me winded neither does carting around my 30 pound toddler. But I’m sure in the next few weeks this will all change.

Bathroom Picture at work of bump at 17 weeks.


How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 4lbs
Maternity Clothes? Some pants…the great thing about it being warm is that I can still wear all of my dresses
Stretch Marks? nope
Sleep? I try to not drink anything after 8pm or else I pee 5 times a night. Otherwise sleep is good.
Best moment this week: Finding out we are having a little girl!
Movement? Yep!
Food Cravings: Grilled Cheese, bagels
Gender: GIRL
Belly Button in or out? In
What I am looking forward to: Buying clothes for a girl. They are so darn cute!  

1 comment:

gkos said...

Had to laugh, when I was pregnant for Court, you patted me on the back as I threw up and said it would be all better when the baby comes! Is that doctor the one who delivered Cole? If so, I can forgive those awful comments since he did a wonderful job during that stressful delivery.