Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nursery Project

Well I'm happy to report that Emery's nursery is officially done. There are a few minor things that need to be done but if she was to show up after Christmas we would be ready. Room wise that is :)

When it came to deciding how to decorate my little girls room I didn't know where to start, my dear friend Courtenay suggested Carousel Designs. The choices are endless and I fell in love with Love Damask right away. With the bedding all picked out I then started thinking about what I wanted for wall decor. I wanted to have something that would last more than her baby years, not forever but at least till middle school.

I found this on Etsy. I love the look of it and it even matched her bedding. It was just so perfect...except for the price tag.

Etsy Art work 

I started brain storming and figured I could come up with something similar at a fraction of the price. I purchased three blank canvases from Hobby Lobby on sale and ordered a yard of fabric of the Love Damask. I cut the fabric than made sure it lined up just right by taping it first. Once I was confident that it looked good I stapled the fabric right onto the canvas.

December 002

December 011 

Next up was painting the big canvas pink. I used a small handle roller and it went on nice and smooth.

December 005

December 010 

I also found just the right aqua blue letter at Hobby Lobby to put on the canvas. I kept it simple and used heavy duty command strips on the E and it worked great.

December 016 

So here is the final product,

December 020 

Once I put it up in her room I decided not to add the white pok a dots. I'm in love with how it turned out. And in total it cost me around $75. Not to shabby.

December 073

December 063 


2 comments:

K Ervick said...

Looks great! You are so crafty.

Shellsea said...

WOW! I would not have thought to do that, but I will now. The nursery looks adorable. We're not doing our nursery until after the baby is born and the gender is revealed. Eeks!