Monday, April 26, 2010

31 weeks

So I’m at 31 weeks and feeling a bit deflated. I really don’t want to complain because I have had a relatively easy pregnancy so far but sometimes a pregnant lady needs to rant!

Sleep seems to be getting worse and that tired feeling just never seems to leave me. My hips feel like they’ve been hit by a sledgehammer by 2am and the constant chore of rolling in and out of bed to pee at night is getting difficult. If only I could take 2 hr naps everyday...oh to dream the dream....

Heartburn has shown its ugly head again and the lower back pain was become a real Bi#*h! I do realize lots of this back pain is my unrelenting efforts to still do everything as if I wasn’t pregnant. Bending over and cleaning my kitchen and bathroom floors is not the best thing to do at 31 weeks pregnant, you will feel the pain!

My little man is in an all out growth spurt till the end. This has made me look like I have doubled in size in the past few weeks and made some basic hygiene a daily battle. *WARNING –TMI* Shaving the lady bits has become nearly impossible, it’s like an extreme sport...Shave blindly at your own risk and pray no injury occurs!

The unrelenting pressure to read every baby book that has been recommended to me. Honestly what happens if I don’t read them? Does this make me a bad Mom? Will my son suffer from his slack ass Mom? I have tried to read but retaining some of the information given seems like foreign language class again. I mean how can I absorb any of this until I’m actually on the front lines...going through this all with my little man? I mean I know the basics but a scholar in Baby Education, I’m not!

The hormones have begun to rage once again, last night I laid there in bed telling Cam how I was feeling overwhelmed with all the baby books and expectations. I suppose he heard my voice change and asked me if I was going to cry. I didn’t feel like I was going to start crying but the second he said that BAM! I was full fledged bawling; he consoled me and said “Why are you crying??” In a half laugh half cry said “I have NO idea” then I proceeded to keep crying! Two extremely different emotions laugh/cry wrapped up into one has now made me that emotional pregnant lady you always hear about!

The reality is I still have 9 more weeks, give or take some and things will be getting more difficult. Things to look forward to swelling, hemorrhoids, waddling, stretch marks, etc...

After all my ranting, I would go through this all 100 times over and over, all to be able to have my little man! I can’t wait to hold him and see his sweet little face!

Thank you for letting me vent!

2 comments:

K Ervick said...

Oh don't worry give me a few months and I am sure I will be feeling the same way. Just do the best you can with the reading and you can always continue to read after he is born. Nobody knows everything on day one.

The Gearys said...

Sarah,
You've gone 31 LONG weeks incubating this little being and the next 9 will be nothing. I promise you won't even remember the aches and pains;-) I remember during the last 8 or so weeks, my peeing started really increasing (I didn't go much during the 1st and 2nd trimesters) and my sleep started to suck. My doctor said, "It's God's funny way of preparing you for the sleepless nights in the beginning of parenthood." Thanks, God, but I would rather have relished all the sleep I could before having my baby;-)
My words of advice are:
Get a cleaning lady for the next few months. You won't want to bend over these last weeks and you won't have time after Cole comes!

Waxing became my friend;-)
Especially because I was having a C-section...I didn't want the nurse to shave me in the OR!!

Books, schmooks! Read what you can, but a long time ago, there weren't a gazillion books you had to read and I think we all turned out just fine. You'll be surprised at the natural instincts you will have when it comes to motherhood.

I can't wait to meet Cole and see the amazing Momma Shinaberry in action!
XOXO
PS...it is TOTALLY okay to rant and complain, pregnancy is hard dang work!