Wednesday, May 19, 2010

34 weeks

So yesterday I had my 34 week checkup. As per usual the basic blood pressure was checked (all good), protein in urine (NO) and weight (a pound to 2 pounds a week for this heifer). Then they measure your Fundal Height which measures the top of your uterus to the pubic bone which assesses how big Cole is, he's measuring right on target at 34 weeks! The doctor then started really pressing down on the belly to see which direction Cole was in, he hasn't moved and is still heads down with his feet up in my ribcage(vertex).

The doctor asked me how I was feeling and if I had felt anything different these past 2 weeks. The only thing I could think of was some mild menstrual like feelings this past week but besides that nothing. He looked at me and said "Sarah, that's contractions!" Huh?!? He assured me it was nothing to be worried about and was completely normal. It's my body getting ready for labor! I still can't believe I had no clue that this was a sign of labor...menstrual cramp= contraction? OK so now I know what to look for and since leaving his office I have had two! They are not consistent, I don't have any other symptoms of labor, and they are not painful at all. Oh I can only hope when I do go into labor that there this easy at the beginging! I can dream right!?!

I have to admit it made me freak a little...like wow could he be early?! I know the chances are I will have these menstrual cramps till my due date but it does make you start thinking what if!?!

So my list of what needs to be done is now on warp speed to get done! Wish my husband luck while the nesting begins!!!!

1 comment:

The Gearys said...

Me=Jealous...I hope the next time around I will know what a contraction feels like:-)
I am so happy to read he is still in position and measuring perfect!
xoxo!