Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cole's 1st Birthday Party!

I'm days and days behind on posting about Cole's birthday party, but I have been so crazy busy with work and Cole having an allergic reaction to penicillin (yea sucks) blogging has taken the hit.

When I started planning Cole's birthday party I knew I wanted to keep it as laid back as possible and not to many people. I mean really he's only one and had no idea what a birthday party means! But as any mother finds out it can be overwhelming not to get a little wrapped up in planning the big first birthday party! We ended up having a little over 40 people, I had stressed about it being to many people but everything worked out great. Picking the Mickey Mouse Theme was the easy part,I spent the weeks before putting together decorations like the birthday banner,door sign, making the cupcake toppers, gift bags, stickers for the cups (matched the cupcake toppers) and figuring out foods that where both kid and adult friendly. I got lots of my inspiration from Etsy. I ended up doing all the decorations myself except Cole's birthday shirt that was an iron on I found on Etsy.

cole8
cole5
cole4
cole7
cole9cole6
cole1
cole2
cole3


I went with pulled pork, chick-fil-a nuggets, hot dogs, cheese and crackers and many more yummy foods. I made sure to hade more then enough sweets, with Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats, cupcakes, pretzels dipped in white chocolate and m&ms.

We set up a designated play area with a sand and water table and an awesome play hut/tent both gifts Cole received for his bday (thanks Aunt Coco and GG). We made sure to keep it simple for the adults with a variety of beer and the ever popular ladder ball.
Cole seemed to really enjoy himself with all his little friends! He did seem pretty confused when everyone sang him happy birthday but after a bit of coaxing he really enjoyed his smash cake!

cole10
cole13
cole15
cole17
cole18


I couldn't have done it all without the help of my mom, mother-in law, sister and of course my hubby. We had an amazing time and I'm so glad to have shared it with so many wonderful family and friends. But I have to say I was exhausted when it was all over... I'm so glad it only happens once a year! :)

cole16
cole14
cole11
cole12a
cole22
cole21

No comments: