Saturday, March 3, 2012

20 months …Wow!

027

Cole turned 20 months this week. Holy cow. It goes without saying but man do I love that little boy. There really isn't anything better than watching him grow and learn. He’s happy go lucky personality is infectious. At yesterday’s 20 month checkup the Doctor told me I struck gold with this kid. Thanks Doc I couldn’t agree more. He then proceeded to scare me by saying, you know your second one is going to be a terror. Ha funny guy. 

Oh how I love this age, he’s so verbal and playful. Here’s what my little man is up to these days… 

 * Holy Verbal, He is a sponge. You say it ..he says it. He can put together 4 word sentences which is    
shocking to me. Like “Wheres it goes mama?” 

 * He still loves to play chase. He will say chase and if you don’t start chasing him…he says Chase Please over and over. Cute and exhausting. 

 * He likes to say mama over and over till I say Hi baby, he then responds Hi baby. 

 * Can’t seem to get enough of books and puzzles. The Melissa and Doug Shape puzzle with sounds is a favorite…and has really helped him learn his shapes. 

 * He seems to know all of his colors. If he’s unsure he says blue. To cute.

  023

* Loves music. I played a nursery rhymes cd awhile back…not a smart move on my part. Now it all he wants to hear. Loves Bingo, Row Row Your Boat and Ring around the Rosy. I have caught him singing “ashes ashes fall down” numerous times.  

* Likes to jump into the pillows on our bed.As you can see in these pictures.  

* Loves Max the dog, he cuddles and sleeps with him every night.  

* Still a picky eater. Lives on fruit. 

* Says “coming” to you when he wants you to come somewhere. No matter how many times I say” do you mean mama come” he just keeps saying “coming”. 

* Wants to be outside 24/7

  028

* Loves all things boy, balls, cars, airplanes, sticks and playing in dirt. 

* Says “ I farted” when he goes number 2 and then laughs. This is trouble. I guess it doesn’t help that I laugh too. 
* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is still top notch. 

* Weighs in at 27 pounds and 33.5 inches tall. (75 percentile) 

* Still loves to sleep. 12hrs every night and one long nap every afternoon.

  037

* Likes to clean. Sweep, Vacuum or Swiffer he wants to help. 

* Asks to take a bubble bath almost every night. 

* Climbs on me every day…basically walks up me like I’m a rock climbing wall. Fun but I take a beating. Ha. 

* Love the kitty cats. He loves giving them an obscene amount of treats. 

OK I that’s all I could think of right now…really the list could go on forever so I’ll stop here. Its these small details I don’t want to forget. I can’t believe how close he is to turning 2…I’m going to go cry now. Just kidding. Well kind of. :)  


No comments: