Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother’s Day Weekend

It was a wonderful weekend. It included hot air balloons, shopping, dinner out with friends and running through a sprinkler with my little man.

We kicked off the weekend going to the Preakness Hot Air Balloon Festival. It was a first for all of us, Cole loved it! I’m not sure I would call it a festival,  it consisted of food, 20 hot air balloons and a huge field that gave Cole full range to run around all night. It couldn’t have been a prettier night for it all . It was such a chill atmosphere which was a bit of an adjustment for Hubs and me. But after some adult beverages we embraced it and really enjoyed ourselves. Cole is still talking about it, he’s favorite was the Purple Monster Balloon.

  may 012

Loved being able to touch the balloon
may 016

Lounging with my little man
may 021




may 130

Kid was rolling in the grass flirting with the older girls. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
may 068

may 111

Cole and his Purple Monster 
may 137

So pretty when lit up
may 177 

 I hate to admit I didn’t take one picture on Sunday. We spent the day over on the Eastern Shore at the Outlets. The place was deserted I guess taking Mama to shop on Mother’s day isn’t very popular …for me it was a very welcome treat. The day ended over at my parents with my in-laws joining us for dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! 

This is the only picture I have of Cole and Me from the 
weekend..fail. ha
  may 030  

1 comment:

The Gearys said...

That looks like a glorious way to spend the weekend. I bet he LOVED those balloons