Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Pregnant!

Obviously this is no big secret that I'm in fact pregnant but I wanted to share how I told Cam we were expecting our little bundle of joy! After this summer ended we decided we were going to start trying to have a baby. I was hoping things we would be successful but you just never know till you start trying. Well it was a success our second month I had become pregnant!

I was due to get my period the next day but just couldn't wait any longer to take a pregnancy test!!!! I honestly don't know how I waited that long...I had read somewhere it was best to take the test in the morning but I threw caution to the wind and took it on my lunch break! And to my surprise it said PREGNANT! My first thought was OMG we did it! Next thought was how I'm going to tell Cam!?!?!

So I came up with the idea to tell him after my lunch break that I had gone shopping during it and gotten some shoes for our upcoming trip to NYC. He seemed less then excited about my new purchase but I thought wait till he finds out!

After work I went straight to Target to find any gender neutral shoes I could and something that said Daddy on it. I raced home and got an old shoe box out and placed it on the bed,in which i put the new shoes, the adorable onesie and the positive pregnancy test! And then I just waited....folding laundry in the bedroom all awhile I was about to explode in anticipation! Finally Cam came home,I made sure before he did anything else that he look in the box at my new shoes and then the look I will never forget complete shock and confusion came across his face! He just looked at me saying over and over again "Are you!? Are you!?" until I answered him YES! It was priceless and I don't think it set in for him or me for a few days later! Below are some pictures I took of my little surprise!





4 comments:

K Ervick said...

I love the little booties

The Gearys said...

I LOVE IT! I wish I could have seen the joy on his face.

Karen said...

Too cute Sarah - what a great way to tell him!

Linda said...

That is adorable! Such a special time for you both!