Wednesday, June 16, 2010

38 weeks!

I had my 38 week check up today and it seems there has been some progress! Since my last week appointment the only change I can say I have noticed is the sudden "lightning crotch" while I'm walking. Cole seems to have made some major movement toward the light and is putting pressure in my pelvic region. This pressure hits some nerves and stops me dead in my tracks when walking!

So when the doctor did my internal exam today I was happy to hear that he in fact has moved deeper into my pelvic bones! I'm still at 1 cm dilated but now 80% effaced! And some how lost 3lbs this past week, how this occurred I do not know?!

What does this all mean? Nothing! It still means he could come tomorrow or July 2ND!
My doctor did give me some hope saying that at next weeks appointment that if my cervix is agreeable (huh?) that they will schedule an induction for the following week (a day or two after my due date). I think agreeable means it's effaced and is soft, but will see what happens.

While I would like to go into labor on my own I figure scheduling an induction for after my due date is fine! I'm mean I'm giving Cole every chance to come in the next 2 weeks but come 40 weeks... eviction notice is being given!

Now here is what it looks like to be 38 weeks and 1 day along, +41 pounds, so swollen your hands barley bend and beyond sleep deprived! All kinds of hotness!!!!



4 comments:

The Gearys said...

I think you look great! I remember the days where my fingers barely bent...It was awful. Good to hear you are making progress. I think Cole will come on his own:-)

K Ervick said...

Looking good mama! I can't believe it's so close!

Erin said...

sarah you look great! very cute prego:). he'll be here in just over a week or less!

Karen said...

Can't wait to see pics of Cole! If it's July 2, he'll share a birthday with Kent. :-)