Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Full Term!

37 weeks and looking like a large water balloon about to pop! My hands, ankles,feet, face, eyelids,lips and neck seem to be retaining massive amounts of fluid these days. My doctor even remarked on how swollen I was looking today! Awesome!
I had another internal exam today which was a lot less painful but relieved no progress. Boo :( ,I'm still at 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

At my last weeks appointment they didn't have the results of the ultrasound yet so we didn't discuss it, we did however talk about it this week. My doctor all about busted out laughing that my baby was only 5 pound 10 ounces as of last week! He said the average baby is around 7.5 pounds at birth and there is no way I'm having a baby that small. He literally looked at my belly and shook his head saying he's going to be a big boy 8 to 8.5 pounds! He said the ultrasound can be a pound off and in this case he believes it was! I guess we will see if he's right soon enough...I'm trying not to put much merit in what he says about size and when because you never know! He did confirm what I had suspected that I had in deed lost my mucus plug! Yea for that!

Cam, of course asked him when he thought Cole would be arriving...the doctor said he thinks I'll be within 7 days of my due date. The doctor said he doesn't think I'll go past my due date...can I get that in writing?!?! Ha! Till then I will be soaking up all the "Cam & Sarah" time I can get till Cole arrives.

I want Cole to take his time and come when he's ready! It just better be before July 4Th! We can't wait to meet you little man!

No comments: