Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Ornament

This is another Christmas Craft found via Pinterst that I just had to try. It was super simple and makes a great gift for the grandparents!

First you need large plastic clear ornaments. I picked mine up from Michaels for $1.75 each. Second, some decorative berry’s or beads. I used some leftover green berry’s I had sitting around and some red berry’s that I got from the Dollar store.

photo practice 010

Third, you need to scale down a picture so it will fit in your ornament. I decided to use the Christmas card picture of Cole to help mark the year. I suppose you could add the year on the photo but really I just don't have the skills for that. When placing your picture in the ornament, gently fold the picture but make sure not to make a crease in the photo. Once the picture is in grab a pair of tweezers to move the picture around to the desired place.

photo practice 011

photo practice 013

And lastly you will need some pretty ribbon to hang your new beautiful ornament on your Christmas tree!

photo practice 059

This is a one tradition we will be doing every year. I just love the idea of looking back years from now at these ornaments. It’s just what my sappy sentimental Christmas spirit loves!



No comments: