Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Car Nap

Car Nap is a bad word in my house. I do everything in my power to make sure this does not happen. I make sure to get out early and be back way before nap time. Because my son thinks a short car nap is his nap for the day. His normal 3 hour nap is gone and the 5min snooze fest in the car is it! And the idea of transferring him from the car to crib is laughable. He won't have it. Obviously some days I push it really close to the 1pm nap time, but that's when i start resorting to pretty much anything to keep him awake. Turning up the music, grabbing at his feet, moving the windows up and down and snacks! On this particular day we were on our way back from Richmond and had timed it well so we would be home by nap time. But we made an unexpected stop to IKEA and we pushed the 1pm nap time. After trying just about everything to keep him awake and less than 5miles from our house I pulled out a doughnut. Don't judge..we were desperate!






As you can see it didn't work. But my kid loves doughnut and found a way to still eat while napping. You can't make this stuff up! And of course when we got home he woke up and didn't nap the rest of the day. Ugg I hate the dreaded car nap!  

3 comments:

The Gearys said...

Sarah, this is priceless! I love how his eyes open for a second when Came mentioned mac and cheese:-)

CarolinaCundiffs said...

LOL about so many things In this post... Cole clutching to his precious doughnut, chewing in his sleep... And that you guys actually had a doughnut on hand to just whip out for him! So cute!

Linda said...

OMG...that is a riot!