Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hoppy Easter!

This year we spent Easter weekend at my sister’s house in Richmond. It was a jam packed trip that included a petting zoo, dying eggs, an egg hunt and way to much chocolate. Is it me or do kids make Holidays so much more fun? I was downright giddy to get his Easter basket ready and stuff the eggs for the hunt. I suppose it’s because I knew just how excited he would be about all of it. When I explained to Cole the Easter Bunny had visited and left a basket and eggs for him to find…his response…Hop Hop, Chocolate Eggs! Let’s just say the shirt and stuffed animal I put in the basket were thrown to the side, the kid went straight for the candy and shouted OPEN! God love him, he has a sweet tooth just like his Dada.

Easter Weekend 091

Easter Weekend 093

Easter Weekend 100

My sister set up the egg dying table outside, we used kool aid and a big whisk to make the experience toddler friendly. Cole enjoyed dropping the eggs in the cups ten times more than using the whisk.

Easter Weekend 128

Easter Weekend 133

Just look at how excited he is!
Easter Weekend 134 

Surveying the finished product Easter Weekend 153

We spent most of the day outside enjoying the beautiful weather and sunshine.

Easter Weekend 184 

Easter Weekend 193 

Easter Weekend 186 

Easter Weekend 224 

Easter Weekend 170 

Cole loves his Uncle Chris! All weekend whenever he would walk out of the room Cole would yell Chris and go chasing after him!
 Easter Weekend 234

The Egg Hunt didn’t exactly go as planned. This being Cole’s second hunt I figured it would be just as fun as the first egg hunt he did last week . Turns out with no other kids to hunt with Cole lost interest fast. In fact he just started opening the eggs and eating the candy right out of them!

Easter Weekend 244 

Easter Weekend 250 

My Brother in laws family came to celebrate and brought their new puppy Daisy. Seriously how darn cute is she?! Easter Weekend 254

Easter Weekend 261 

It was a fun filled weekend that was topped off by this adorable cake! I can’t tell you how many times I caught Cole reaching up to steal the jelly beans off it! Easter Weekend 275

Easter Weekend 280 

Love this shot. Stopped running for one second so I could take this picture. My wild boy! Easter Weekend 274  

1 comment:

The Gearys said...

I love that he is a candy-aholic!