Monday, April 2, 2012

Rainy Day

032 

It was a rainy Saturday last month, most of the morning we had stayed in snuggling on the couch watching one episode after another of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I was more than content to just lay around and be lazy but Cole was begging to be outside. I tried to explain to him it was rainy and cold out and we had to stay in but it went in one ear and out the other. “Outside Mama!” he said over and over. His big blue eyes staring up at me I decided right then and there …hell with the rain lets go outside! I put him in his rain coat and boots and we made our way outside. Our home is about 4 streets away from the community public beach. “Beach, Agua, Rocks” Cole shouted to me. So off we went down to the beach. Cole knows exactly how to get there.

 005

014 

019-2 

He picked up rocks and jumped in puddles along the way. My hesitation to keep him out of the slim and grime fell to the waste side when I saw the joy in his face. He was loving every second of the walk. He’s all boy. And I LOVE it!

 020-3

027-2 

If you would have told me that I would be playing in the dirt, picking up rocks and sticks, jumping in muddy puddles and poking at worms a few years back I would have never believed you. But I can’t imagine it any other way now. I’m a boy’s mom to my core.

041 

028-3 

045-2  

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your pictures are great! Of course the little subject is perfect!!