Monday, March 29, 2010

Nursery Update!

We have done a few updates on the Nursery these past 2 weeks, thanks mostly to Cam having some time off before starting his new job!

After we added crown molding sometime ago to the room, a much needed touch up paint job was needed as well as patching up some nail holes. Cam did a great job and the walls looked great and ready to go! Next up the wall decals!

So when I was looking at Nursery Decor I was torn between keeping the room soothing & sophisticated or soothing & playful. Well I decided in the end this room was for Cole so soothing & playful sounded best for my little man! I spent lots of time on Etsy looking at all the different and fun wall decals they had for kid's rooms. I decided to stay with the bedding theme of elephants, while I don't believe it looks like the standard jungle theme it's a nice twist that suits Cameron and me.

Thankfully my mother is a creative goddess and can do pretty much anything, she helped us with applying the two wall decals we choose.

The first one went on pretty quickly and looks great!


Now on to the monster of all trees! The tree we picked out came in many different pieces and required exact measuring of each piece before applying it to the wall. This is a job for 2-3 people and in NO way can be done by one person, if you ever are thinking about trying this let me know I have a few pointers. In all it took us around 4 hours to apply it and I would do it again in a heart beat! I absolutely love it! It's playful and fun, I love how we have some of the branches curve onto the adjacent wall! It's very dramatic when you see it in person. :)







Thanks again Mom(aka GG) for once again showing me how wonderful it is to have you as my mom!!!

5 comments:

CarolinaCundiffs said...

Sarah, you guys did such an awesome job. LOVE it! By the way, your Mom hasn't changed a bit and looks amazing!

The Gearys said...

It looks AWESOME!

K Ervick said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.

coco said...

I could have had that done in no time! haha jk :) looks awesome, you guys are all set it looks like.

Linda said...

That is so cute! I am sure he will love it. Aren't Grandma's great!! HAHAH!! She is very talented!!