Friday, November 12, 2010

I hate you Time Change!

OK so no Friday Film today. It's been one of those weeks you wish you could just redo. As a first time parent I had no idea how much of a wrench the time change would put into our lives. Life before the time change was pretty predictable and was going pretty smoothly. Besides the occasional early morning everyone in our house was doing dandy. Cole's sleeping pattern looked like this;

Wake up at 5:30 - 6am
Nap 3-4 hours during the day
Bedtime at 7- 7:15pm.

Then comes last Sunday, we all are blessed with an extra hour of sleep but this was not to be in my house. Cole was up at his usual time but now with the time change... we are talking about a time before rosters even make a peep! We have tried all week to get him to stay up later but my son will have nothing to do with it. He will go to sleep at 6pm no matter what the circumstances are, sitting up... sleeping,being held up...still sleeping, diaper change ...sleeping and lastly bath time...not sleeping but he rubs he's eyes the whole time (umm soap in eyes). So life for Cole on the new time looks like this...

Wake at 4:45-5:15am
He sleeps around 3-4 hours during the day
Bedtime 5:45 to 6pm
Total sleep: 14-16hrs

I know I should be happy he's such a good sleeper but this new schedule he has developed is killing me. I miss seeing my baby awake. Poor Cam doesn't even get to see him at night. I'm just at a loss on how to change this so his bed time is later. Do I try to get him to sleep more during the day?

I just feel defeated,distraught and tired. I curse the Time Change and wish we could all go back to the way things were ....

2 comments:

K Ervick said...

Try posting on the bump boards. The moms have babies Cole's age and they usually give pretty good advice and ideas. Hang in there mama.

Linda said...

Aww...don't be sad, it will all be good again soon! The best news is, he is healthy and happy! XOXO