Thursday, March 10, 2011

Neighborhood Playgroup

This Saturday we will be attending a neighborhood preschool playgroup. My neighbor had the genius idea about bringing the young families of our Neighborhood together, to create a platform and a network for working and stay-at-home moms alike to grow the "family" atmosphere of the neighborhood. The idea is it will be something that will foster age-based playgroups, holiday gathering for kiddie fun and a communication network to keep the kids safe and information flowing.
As a working mom it is hard to find the time to get involved in these sort of activates so I'm beyond grateful that my neighbor came up with this idea. I'm uber excited to get Cole and Me out there in our community and make some new friends.
Making new friends is not something that always comes easy to me. I'm not socially incapable of it I just have zero follow through. I get stuck in my old comfy ways of doing the same things which limits me from branching out and getting to know new people. But these feelings have changed some since Cole, I want to give him all the opportunities I can. I want him to meet new people, be able to experience new things and be able to play with children his age. So hopefully this weekend I will be turning over a new leaf and welcoming the possible new opportunities coming to both Cole and me.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea! Have fun!!

K Ervick said...

This sounds awesome. I hope you and Cole have a great time.