Monday, March 7, 2011

Part Time Care

This past week we started looking around for part time care for Cole. Currently Cole has been spending two days a week with a friend that lives in the neighborhood. I have known her since she was about 7yrs old so it never felt like my child was in the hands of a stranger. Which has been perfect. She has an amazing little 2yrs old boy who is full of personality and Cole just loves to be around him. They have been looking to expand there family but have come across many challenges. However it finally looks like there prayers have been answered. This summer they will be adopting 2 boys from Africa. They are siblings around the ages of 3 and 5. I'm beyond happy for them! This however means that we need to find someone new to watch Cole.

Formal Daycare is outrageous, the price alone can makes me feel nauseous but the idea that I would have to pay for full time care even if my son only goes two days makes me feel like someone just punched me in the gut. I'm no fool there must be better options out there?! Right?

And I think we may have found it, there's a wonderful website that offers you a chance to connect with sitters, Nanny's, pet sitters and adult care takers.They even check backgrounds and references for you too. Its a very helpful tool to connect you with so many people in your area. And since we only need part time care it isn't to going cost us an arm and leg for it either. I posted a job post this week not knowing what to expect and received 17 applicants in 2 days! It was seriously shocking to us, the majority of these women were very impressive. We truly didn't count on such an amazing reaction to the post or that these women were ready to start right away. We have decided to wait till there is set date for the adaption to be finalized to really pursue in finding someone for Cole.

Some weight has been lifted and I now know that there are many options out there...I just need to be open to them!


 

4 comments:

rachel said...

what's the website? is it just for your area?

Sarah said...

The website is Care.com

Lowry Fam said...

A great preschool is usually very costly (I would know), but there are other options; sounds like you may have found one! Your comfort level is what is most important.

Linda said...

That has to be the hardest thing...I am sure you will find a loving person to care for Cole