Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Time

With Halloween right around the corner time was running out for us to get our pumpkin carving on! So early Saturday morning we got to it. Knives aren't exactly the ideal thing for a 15 month old to be around so when I saw this post I just had to do it. It was a fun way to allow Cole a chance to get involved in the whole pumpkin thing. Using the washable crayola finger paint we let Cole decorate his own little pumpkin. Was it messy? Sure. Did he love it? Yep.

painting1

painting2

painting3

After he was all done we scooped him up and stripped him down. The paint washed off pretty easily, I was a little skeptical but that stuff rocks. Hubs wanted to carve his pumpkin so Cole was all about helping his daddy clean out all the ooey gooey stuff.

pumpkin carving1

pumpkin carving2

Here's how they turned out. Pretty darn cute. Notice my Ravens pumpkin? Kinda hard to read unless your up close.

pumpkin carving3

So at least we have some Halloween decorations up now. I love all the Halloween decor out there just never got around to it this year. Hubs likes to make me feel better by my slacking saying "We Rock at Christmas Decor!No worries dear." Ha


No comments: