Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pinterest made me do it!

These days I can’t seem to get off of Pinterest…I know I’m not alone here…but really I’m obsessed. From looking at pillows, to lighting, to bathroom vanities, to DIY crafts I can’t get enough! There are also some Amazing recipes you can find on there. But to be honest with you all my food pins have been just that. Pins. I have never actually tried to make even one of the recipes that sit on my “Food I Wanna Make” board.
I’m not a cook. Most dinners in the Shinaberry house are made by Hubs. He enjoys to cook so why would I stand in his way?!? But last night I decided to finally make one of those recipes I found on Pinterest.

 Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice.


Here’s what you will need;

Chicken
3 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup of cornstarch
Salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup of Peanut Oil

Sweet and Sour Sauce
3/4 cup of sugar
4tbs ketchup
1 tsp of garlic salt ( I used a pinch of salt and some garlic powder because that’s all I had)
1 tbs of soy sauce
½ cup of vinegar

Cut the chicken breasts into cubes then sprinkle it with some salt and pepper. Dip the cubes into the cornstarch than dip into the egg mixture. Heat the Peanut Oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until gets a little brown but is not cooked all way. Place all the chicken into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Then mix all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce in a bowl, make sure to use a whisk so it’s mixed up real good. Then distribute evenly over the all the chicken. Bake for an hour at 325 flipping the chicken every 15 mins. It was that easy!!!

Didn’t do anything fancy with the rice, used some white rice, onions, soy sauce, peas and an egg.


It was soooooo yummy! Hub’s who loves Chinese food couldn’t get enough of it. He even said it was better than takeout...I’ll take that as a compliment. So now that I know I can cook one good meal I’m starting to think I should make this try a new recipe a weekly thing.Ha.Who I’m a kidding maybe a monthly thing…  

4 comments:

The Gearys said...

That looks delicious! I will have to try it. I make a pinterest recipe every other day in this house. Chad always asks, "Is this from pinterest?" haha

Karen said...

Looks yummy!

Lowry Fam said...

you are not alone. pinterest is what I look at late at night after feeding Heath. Then i get on the next day at look at all my crazy pins that i have done while half asleep.

Lowry Fam said...

Our interior designer turned me on to houzz.com. You should check it out. Tons of design ideas.