Tuesday, October 16, 2012

24 weeks


Since my 20 week update the bump has defiantly grown. The weight gain is finally coming on, 4lbs this month alone. I feel like I'm hungry every 2 hours these days..must be a baby growth spurt. I'm trying my best to keep my eating it in check and not blow up like I did with Cole but the holidays are quickly approaching. Whaa.

I have had really bad sciatic nerve pain for the past 2 weeks. I went to see my doctor just in hopes for some relief but there isn't much she could do. The pain is caused by the weight of my uterus that is laying on the nerve. Its like no pain i have ever experienced its shooting pain on one side of my lower back and down my leg. It takes my breath away.The doctor told me to work from home for a week and rest, as well as start physical therapy. Trying to find some relief I decided to try sleeping on our guest bed that is much firmer then our bed. 5 Days later and I can tell a huge difference.

During my pregnancy with Cole I experienced awful hip pain at night starting right around this time. And wouldn't you know it..it's shown up again. I guess its just how my body handles pregnancy.

OK I'm done whining. I know pregnancy isn't a walk in the park so I just need to suck it up and get over it. Once I get to hold my baby girl it will all be worth it!

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +9.5 lbs
Maternity Clothes? Yep
Stretch Marks? No
Sleep? These past 2 weeks have been awful, between back and hip pain and peeing every few hours sleep is not that great.
Food Cravings: Still loving grilled cheese and cereal
Gender: Girl
Belly Button in or out? In
What I am looking forward to: Our new mattress, yep this back pain has led to the purchase of a new mattress and it arrives tomorrow!  

1 comment:

K Ervick said...

Looking great mama! Glad you are feeling better.