Monday, October 1, 2012

Times they be a changing

With a new baby on the way we need to make some room for the baby girl and move things around. We have four bedrooms… the master, Cole’s, a guest room and the office. The guest room and Cole’s room are right beside each other and identical in size. The office is bit smaller but we decided to make it Emery’s room. Two reasons we choose the smaller room, night time crying will be a bit further away and hopefully won’t wake Cole up and we just really didn’t feel like moving the guest bedroom furniture. I’m sure when she’s older and mad about having the smaller room all our reasons why we picked the smaller room will sound silly to her.

So now the dining room has turned into the office. The space will be used 100% more, in three years we have lived there we never used the dinning room once. With such a large eat in kitchen area there really isn’t a need for it. So after finishing up the new office space we moved onto Cole’s big boy bedroom. We really didn’t want to invest in another crib for Emery and after speaking with Cole’s doctor they suggested we make the transition from crib to bed about 3 months before Emery. So he wouldn't experience to many big transitions all at once. My intention was to put all this new furniture in and redecorate his room but not move him out of the crib till late October. Why rush it right?! Well the funny thing about kids sometimes they have other plans.

When Cole saw his bedroom all done and the big boy bed…first thing out of his mouth was “Can I sleep here?!?” So anxiously we tested out this new found interest in the big boy bed and let him take a nap there. And wouldn’t you know it he did great! He woke up so proud of himself telling everyone he now sleeps in a big boy bed! We moved the crib out before bedtime, Cole asked where he’s crib had gone but I just talked up the big boy bed and that I would come check up on him later after he falls asleep… it seems to have done the trick. The last three nights have gone off without a hitch. He hasn’t even attempted to get off the bed yet, I’m sure it will happen at some point but for now I’m blissfully proud of my little man!

So here is Cole’s new big boy room

 big boy room 003

big boy room 004

big boy room 007

big boy room 010

big boy room 014

big boy room 015

big boy room 018 
I made this one myself all for about $15, with a frame, wooden letter, mod podge and an old map of the Maryland area.

Cole is thrilled with his new room and loves pointing out all the airplanes and motorcycles. The sweetest part about the room to me is that the furniture were using was Cam’s growing up. Isn’t it in great condition!?! We painted the room beige and got new drapes to match the duvet cover which was from West Elm, the sheets from PBK, the pillow from Etsy and all the Art work from Home Goods. All were pretty affordable.

Next up is Emery’s room! There is lots to do, Wainscoting, Crown molding, painting, closet organizer…the list goes on but I have gotten a few new things for her room I just adore.

big boy room 032

big boy room 037 
Oh this is bringing out my girly side and I just love it!  

2 comments:

Linda said...

Now you now girls need more room....for SHOES!!

K Ervick said...

I love the C. I need a lesson please.