Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kicking it Old School

For the last 2 and half weeks we have been without are very trusty video monitor. This means we have had to rely on our trusty hearing when it comes to Cole’s naps and bedtime. Well not OUR hearing but MY hearing since the Hubs could sleep through a freight train going through our bedroom and not even move an inch. The darn video monitor just went kaput one night and after a few days of contemplating on what to do, I found out it there was a recall on the battery for the monitor. So I made the call to the baby manufacturer and 10 days later we are still sans new battery.

It amazes me how reliant we have become on this video monitor. Really it gives me such peace of mind to look down at the screen and see little man tumbling about in his crib. Or to hear him talking quietly to himself when he wakes in the morning. How did our parents do without this amazing technology when were young? I suppose it’s a small blessing to know that we can make do just fine without it. But really I’m over it already and need my trusty side kick back and working a.s.a.p.!


Little Man at his buddy Austin’s 1st Bday Party this past weekend.
cole 14mo


 

1 comment:

The Gearys said...

I went nuts after 1 night without ours! It's crazy how dependent we are to the comfort a picture provides. I hope that the batteries come soon:-)