Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Wreath

Since Pinterst is taking over the world these days I'm sure many of you have seen the oh so special ornament wreath. So pretty. But how easy is this little project?! I'm not exactly a crafty person so difficulty needed to be close to beginner level for me.

I kept it simple and cheap. One large wire hanger from the closet. 8 packages of shatterproof ornaments from the dollar store. And a borrowed glue gun from my mom.

Take the wire hanger and twist it into a circle. It doesn't have to be perfect. Then untwist the top open so you can slip the ornaments on easily. Like so...


112011 036



Make sure to alternate the size and color while putting on the ornaments. The glue gun came in handy in securing the metal cap on the bulb to make sure they didn't fall off. But to tell you the truth I only did this with the first few ornaments then realized that it really wasn't necessary. The ornaments were staying on without the glue.


112011 046



I couldn't believe how many bulbs it took. 83. My little helper started to get loopy...

112011 039

Me too ...

112011 048

All in all it took about 30 minutes to get all the bulbs on. To secure the top I used pliers to bend the wire to make sure it stayed together.

photo

I think it turned out pretty good. Super Easy. And it only cost me $8! Win.


No comments: