Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Save UMD Swimming

Around age 6 I stepped on to a swimming block at my community swim meet ready to race to the other side. When i finished I turned to my mom and asked if I had won, she kindly replied "no dear, you placed 3rd". My mom then explained to me that to be a good swimmer you had to practice hard. That is the day a competitor was born...I practiced that whole week. And wouldn't you know it at the very next swim meet...I won! Swimming played a huge role in my life. I was a college athlete at NC State. I just can't imagine to not have gotten the chance to be apart of that during college. I learned so much from swimming and made lifetime friends .Right now UMD who is in also in the ACC conference are fighting to save there team.It breaks my heart to see this happening due to budget issues. I really hope this is not a trend of what's to come, it would be awful for all those 6 year old kids like me out there that would never get a chance to be apart of something so wonderful.



2 comments:

Let it B said...

So glad you found this video!! It makes me super emotional and sappy to see all of these schools rally to support UMD. I can't imagine my life if this happened to me, either!!

Linda said...

So sad isn't it.....