Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Love Story

Today I'm linking up with From Mrs. to Mama, in the sprit of Valentine's Day I'm sharing Our Love Story! I had a fun time answering these questions and thinking back about Hubs and me. Enjoy!

engagement5 

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

 We have been together since December 2005.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

We met when we were 12 years old in middle school. Cam sat behind me in math class and loved to joke around and call me names. All in good fun of course but that was the extent of our relationship. We went through high school as mere acquaintances and ran in different circles. Cam likes to say I was a swimmer so all I did was swim...truth is I was kinda of a good girl and Cam was more outgoing and had a good time. :)Fast forward seven years later, older and wiser about life, love and everything else we find ourselves on Eve to Christmas Eve together at a bar in Baltimore talking into the wee hours. No idea what we talked about...Reconnecting and catching up I suppose, whatever it was it would be the start of us. We have been together ever since that day and I can't imagine life without him!

vday1 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

We will be married for 4 years this October.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We got married Oct. 4th 2008 at the 1840’s Ballroom in Baltimore. It couldn’t have been a more perfect fall day…we said I do in quaint outside garden then dinned and danced in the night away in the Ballroom. One of my most favorite days ever.

wedding 2 

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

Babe and Cami (oh he hates that one.ha)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. Huge Heart, Makes me laugh and he is my rock and would do ANYTHING for Cole or me.

 engage3
engagement4 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

It was Nov 3rd, 2007..we were living in downtown Baltimore at the time and I had kept saying to him that I really wanted to go to the Aquarium because I had not been since I was like 12 yrs old. Finally he seemed to take my hints and said lets go the Aquarium. It was ridiculously packed that day and I was really just not feeling the crowds so it was a pretty quick trip. As we walked back to our car Cam kept diverting me on a different path remarking on how awesome the weather was and all. We started to walk toward the car when I suggested that we go somewhere else. This is when I should have caught on…he was like oh we can come back after we go to the car. Huh?! I told him that makes no sense but kept on walking with him, as we crossed this wooden bridge he remarked on how old it was and telling me to look at how the wood looks like it’s going to fall apart. Just I was remarking about it  (looking up not down)we were on the brick pier near the water he stopped walking. He looked down…what is he looking at? And then I saw it…written on the brick “Sarah will you Marry Me?” He pulled out the ring and of course I said yes! Best part…he had gotten our parents to right the message on the brick and they were hiding taking pictures of the whole thing. That’s when I started to cry.

 proposal1


proposal1a 

proposal2 
proposal3 
***Also while my mom was writing the will you marry me message an old married couple was passing who thought it was just so sweet and decided sit on a nearby bench and wait to watch the proposal. Ahh love it.***

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

I guess if I had to pick one of these it would be Flowers. But really it’s all about the Card for him. Like I said huge heart!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Before becoming a mam I would say sunset dinner on the beach kinda girl…don’t get me wrong still pretty nice…but man I have become such a homebody movie, wine and relaxing on the couch sound awesome.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Top of our list right now is San Francisco/ Napa Valley. We have plan on going for our 5th wedding anniversary, and we can’t wait!
engagement 1 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. Do people still actually go out on Valentine’s day?! It’s always so overpriced. We usually do something around that day but not on actual Vday. This year we are going on a double dinner date on the 17th.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

 Not really asking for anything…really a card and an extra I love you is good for me.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Communication. Sometimes I get upset over the smallest things because I feel he should understand or know how or what I’m thinking. He doesn’t. I have learned that communicating how I feel or how he feels is so important. It brings us closer and makes life so much easier.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

engagement 11 

Shinaberry-41  

10 comments:

Lauren Rebecca said...

Lovely love story!!! :) How romantic.

Aliya said...

Awww I love this! And your wedding pics are stunning!! :)

Shellsea said...

Great love story! And your husbands and sons names are similar to my guys!

The Gearys said...

Sarah, Seeing these pics just made me smile:-) You guys are such a great couple and you created such an adorable boy.
xoxo

gkos said...

Very nice, love seeing all those pics again!

B F said...

so so so cute! love the chalk!

Bethany said...

Stopping by from the Love Story link-up. What a sweet proposal, love it!

Roxy said...

Um, pretty sure your engagement story pictures are the best I've ever seen.

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

Kat said...

Your proposal story is ADORABLE!!!!! I love it!

J and A said...

I love your engagement story, so sweet. :) All your photos are beautiful.