Thursday, February 16, 2012

WW...

that stands for Weight Watchers. Yep I have decided it’s time to really get my ass in gear. Most days I’m lucky if I look in the mirror more than once…this isn’t a good thing folks. This past weekend I took a look…and I wasn’t to happy with what I saw. The image looking back at me was a frumpy mama. I have fooled myself to long…saying I’m busy or after baby number 2 . Excuses. Baby number 2 isn’t happening right now (that’s a whole other post) and of course I’m busy …I work full time and have a toddler! But that doesn’t mean I can’t take care of myself. And really pay attention to what I put into my mouth.

After looking into Weight Watchers I was seriously amazed at how many awesome recipes they have out there! You can pretty much find anything to fit your fancy. When I showed Hubs this he was on board too! I do believe he’s sole purpose to joining me on this diet is just to support me in this journey. God love him he really is the best.

So for the past week we have been taking turns every night making different recipes. It’s actually been pretty fun. I’m not a cook be choice. But there something fun about finding a healthy recipe that tastes good that we both like it inspires me to do want to do it again! Yes it’s more work but anything good in life always is. Here is one we loved…even if you’re not on weight watchers you should try it!  Turkey Enchilada Pie (5 Points Plus)



Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray
3/4 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
1 tsp chili powder 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
4 oz canned jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
1/2 tsp Durkee ground cumin, or other brand
3 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s) 3 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), chopped
10 Tbsp low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place turkey, onion and chili powder in skillet and cook until turkey is browned, stirring occasionally to break up meat, about 8 minutes. Remove turkey mixture from skillet and set aside.
• Place skillet over medium-high heat and add flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
• Remove skillet from heat; stir in turkey mixture, jalapenos and cumin.
• Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH until softened, about 15 seconds. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Spread 1/3 of turkey mixture over tortilla. Spoon 1 cup of tomato on top and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients ending up with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
• Cover pie plate with aluminum foil and cook until cheese melts and filling is warmed through, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.

I don’t think I’m confident enough to post my actual starting weight on the Internet but my goal is to lose 12lbs. Today I’m 2.5 pounds lighter. I know it doesn’t sound like much but 5 lbs on a girl my height is huge. It’s a whole pant size difference! Now I just need to get back to running… then I might just might be ready for bathing suit season in 3 short months. Yay!  


No comments: