Thursday, August 11, 2011

Holy Molars

Yesterday was an off day. Cole just wasn’t himself. This kid has the worse luck with teeth. When they come in they come in multiples. He currently has two molars coming in and its causing major pain. Poor guy has a runny nose, won’t eat and wants to be held at all times. Going to the bathroom or changing clothes posed to be a huge challenge for me. I seem to have mastered the one arm pull down/pull up while holding a crying toddler. Who knew this could cause such pain, another surprise to this first time mom! I suppose this is because with all other teeth Cole has gotten it hasn’t caused to much trouble. Well last night he woke up 3 times. I don’t think he’s done that since he was 2 months old. I cave very quickly when I hear him screaming at night…I immediately bring him to our bed. So last night was no different but instead of us all going to sleep Cole wanted to play. Yes play. At 12am with my eyes shut laying in bed, Cole is there drumming on my head while kicking his legs into my stomach. I pleaded with him to go to sleep, he lays down for 5 minutes then pops up again to play. I waited 15 more minutes… making sure enough time had gone by for the Tylenol to kick in and toted him back to his crib. He screamed for a good 5 minutes before he drifted off to sleep for the rest of the night. I really hope these molars make their way through because I’m seriously dragging through my morning emails….



1 comment:

The Gearys said...

Poor baby! I hope they finally cut through and he is back to his adorable self:-)