Tuesday, August 16, 2011

River House Fun

river1



This past weekend we headed south to Deltaville, VA which sits right on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. My brother in law’s family has a house there and we couldn’t pass up a chance to enjoy some good old family time. It included fishing off the pier, catching fresh crabs for dinner, ladder ball and dips into the River.
I have actually have never fished a day in my life so I gave it a whirl...
007
Who knew I could be so excited about catching a fish, but I’m really a catch and release kinda girl . About 2 seconds after this picture was taken I begged my sister to get that fish back in the water. Ha
010

We all enjoyed playing in the water. And doing a little kayaking.
021

029



041
033

But it wasn’t fun and games for all. I mean it is a river. Its August and the water is warm. This means Jelly Fish. And wouldn’t you know it….Poor Cole was the one to get stung.
060

He really handled it well. A few tears. But after we drenched the Sting in Vinegar (thank god for IPhones) all was right again. And the rash was gone by the time he woke up from his afternoon nap.

The rain rolled in late in the afternoon right before we enjoyed the fresh crabs we had caught off the pier. It was awesome sitting underneath the covered patio watching the rain coming down, eating crabs and drinking some delicious beers.
river6

Before we hit the road Sunday we attempted a family picture.
062
064
069
I would have to say it was a great big FAIL. But entertaining to say the least.

You can just feel summer coming to an end and I’m so grateful we got to spend time with my Sister, Bro In law and of course GG and Poppy.
river3
051
river4


2 comments:

Linda said...

Great pictures! Cole is a lucky boy!!

The Gearys said...

Looks like a fantastic trip, aside from the sting:-(